Is it possible to remove solved issues from customers view?

Martin Kaiser July 12, 2017

I don't want my portal-using customers to be able to view closed issues and tickets but  they should be able to view and reopen solved issues as long as I don't close them.

Is there an easy solution to my request or do I have to dig down into the "guts" of Jira?

2 answers

0 votes
Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2017

Hi Martin,

my solution would be to apply a security level with no permission for the customer group/reporter in the close transition. Does this help you?

Cheers

Christoph

Thanks for your answer!

Would that altered security level also mean, that the closed aren't even visible for the customers any more?

Because that would be exactly what I want.

Customers should have no access (not even viewing acces) to already closed subjects

Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2017

You're welcome - yes the altered security level would mean exactly this if configured correctly :) feel free to share your configuration here if unsure ;)

Cheers

Christoph

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2017

Martin,

I'm a bit unclear about your request. The fact that you want to hide closed requests but still allow the customer to find and reopen seems to be contradictory. 

In the portal the customer has the ability to filter on open requests, closed requests or any status so they can control what they see. You can expose the reopen request transition on the portal via the workflow so the customer can find the closed issue and reopen.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2017

ah...now i see. Maybe you have a two-stage 'done' (e.g. resolved then closed) workflow. You want to allow transition back to open from Resolved but not Closed. I think Christoph's solution would accomplish the task. Alternatively, I wonder if having a reopen transition from Resolved and not Closed could work? I use this method internally where I do not want Closed issues to ever be reopened.

Exactly, customers should be able to see the positive "solved" status. And once the Issue is no longer relevant/necessary to be seen, it can vanish into "oblivion" for the customers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events