Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to print or export all comments associated with a request in Service Desk?

ANGI Energy Systems September 20, 2019

Occasionally we have to export or print all comments and work history associated with a request.  I did not see a way to do this, but I am new and just trying the demo cloud version now.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 23, 2019

Hi, great question!

The new issue view in Jira Cloud doesn't currently have a print option. Because of the way the web app works, trying to print the page with your browser will only result in the first page being available for print. The full comment history won't be printed if there are more than one or two comments. This is documented as a problem with the new issue view here: JRACLOUD-71601

Fortunately there are a couple add-ons that provide good export functionality in Cloud:

Depending on how many issues you need to print out and the way you want them formatted, these add-ons can be quite help. I've seen use-cases in the past where any Service Desk issue that was opened more than 5 business days needed to be printed for a committee review. Using an export add-on allowed a simple two-click print of all the issues and comments, formatted the way the committee wanted, from a Jira search that showed all the relevant issues.

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes
Paul Wagland March 15, 2024

It is so incredibly sad that there is still no good option for printing out the history of a Jira issue from the product itself.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events