Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to integrate Jira Service desk with Jira software?

Hafizullah Mohammad July 28, 2017

Is it possible that everytime a client raises a production bug though the jira service desk, this bug has to be automatically moved to jira software without any manual intervention?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2017

Not off-the-shelf.  JIRA Service Desk assumes that most requests won't end up with development, so the closest you get is the option for an Agent to click "create linked issue in development project" (The Request and the dev issue then move independently of each other with the agent expected to update the customer as necessary)

You can automate it with some code - I'd reach for automation, script-runner etc to help you with that.

But, I would NOT "move" the issue.  I would create a linked one.  If you move the issue out of the service desk project, the customer loses all visibility of it - to them, it looks like you've deleted their Request.  Never do that to a customer, it makes them angry.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events