Is it possible to integrate Jira Service desk with Jira software?

Is it possible that everytime a client raises a production bug though the jira service desk, this bug has to be automatically moved to jira software without any manual intervention?

1 answer

0 votes

Not off-the-shelf.  JIRA Service Desk assumes that most requests won't end up with development, so the closest you get is the option for an Agent to click "create linked issue in development project" (The Request and the dev issue then move independently of each other with the agent expected to update the customer as necessary)

You can automate it with some code - I'd reach for automation, script-runner etc to help you with that.

But, I would NOT "move" the issue.  I would create a linked one.  If you move the issue out of the service desk project, the customer loses all visibility of it - to them, it looks like you've deleted their Request.  Never do that to a customer, it makes them angry.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted 12 hours ago in Jira Service Desk

Looking for anyone who has switched from Zendesk to Jira Service Desk

Hi Community! The Jira Service Desk marketing team is looking for customers who have successfully switched from Zendesk to Jira Service Desk!   We’d love to hear your thoughts on the pros and ...

18 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you