Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to have the ServiceDesk search published online help for content?

Janetta.Mccreery October 18, 2018

Hi,

We're migrating to Service Desk and want to be able to search our online documentation when someone searches the Knowledge Base. It seems counter-intuitive to copy and paste all of the content from the online help into individual KB articles, so is there a way that we can link our Service Desk search engine so that it searches for terms in our online help (as well as in the Knowledge Base)?

Thanks for any advice! 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2018

@Janetta.Mccreery, there isn't a way to integrate a non-Confluence KB AFAIK. I did a quick search in the Marketplace for an addon but didn't discover anything. You could consider importing your existing KB.

0 votes
Janetta.Mccreery October 21, 2018

Thanks, Jack, but that's what we're hoping to avoid. "Our existing kb" in this case is a 150-page user guide, comprising hundreds of html topics that can change frequently. Importing/copying the content into another location shuts us off from any updates that occur in the live solution. I found one topic that said we could completely replace the Confluence search engine with a new search engine, but that seemed to work only in on-premises implementations, not cloud implementations. Thank you for looking into it, though. That was totally cool of you! I'll keep looking in the meantime.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events