Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to have the Customer Request Type field show on the customer portal?

Deleted user January 15, 2018

Is it possible to have the Customer Request Type field appear on the customer portal view of an issue?   Sometimes our Service Desk Agents will need to change the Customer Request Type (typically in the event that the Requester chooses the wrong type during submission) so it would be helpful to always show the current Customer Request Type on the customer's view of the request.  Thanks.

3 answers

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2018

Hi Gaston,

Found another one that's specific to the missing tool tip:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-1458

Please chime in

Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2018

Done!

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2018

Hi Gaston,

Weirdly, if you hover over the icon in the "requests list" it will let you know what the request type is.  However if you hover over the icon in the request view it does not.

There is a feature request for this

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-4803

But it's not getting much attention.  Wish they would just fix the hover ability at the very least.

Susan

Deleted user January 16, 2018

Thanks Susan.  I had also noticed the hover difference between the icons in the request list vs the request view.  Seems like it should be a simple fix.  The request view will carry over the request's icon, so carrying the name over as well shouldn't be difficult.  I've added a comment to your linked suggestion in the hopes that it gets some attention.  Appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2018

Yes, that was what i notice reviewing the sd interface to answer patrick's question.

It should be clear which request type was raised

I voted for the issue

thanks!

0 votes
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2018

Patrick,

May be i didn't understand you request, but it's usually the first column of the request list of the customer, it appears by default.

I may not have used the correct terminology.  I'm referring to the page a customer sees when they are viewing a request that has already been submitted.  See screenshot below.

image.png

Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2018

It's implicit by the icon, i think there's no standard way to achieve this

That's what I was afraid of.  We have about 40 different request types so using a unique icon for each isn't very helpful.  Thanks for taking the time to respond though.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events