Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to have an issue type that customers can interact with but only agents can open?

Deleted user April 27, 2017

I have a business requirement to have an issue type that only Agents may open. The issue however should be visible by the customer and they should be able to interact with it.

This issue type is different than a support issue or ticket in that it will be generated internally by a service desk agent and assigned to an existing customer. The customer should be prohibited from opening new issues of this type.

Is this possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2017

Andrew,

You can use a workflow to enforce who can create a ticket but if it is in the service desk you might just create a requet type that is hidden from the portal. This would provide a better customer experiecnce and will be easier to do. This will allow agents to create them internally and then the user would be able to see the issue if it was assigned to them as the reporter.  

To hide a request type from the portal is all you need to do is remove the groups associated with it.  

Thanks
Brant

Thanks. This gives me what I need!

0 votes
RianS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2017

I believe you can do this in the workflow for this issuetype. In the workflow, there is the "Create" transition and the Validator tab has the default "Only user with Create Issues permission can execute this transition." You can edit this with a different permission to be able to create issues or add an additional validator restricting who can use the create process.

This would probably require either a specific workflow for this issue type or crafting the validator to check the issuetype specifically along with those with the permissions.

So yes, I believe it is possible but may be more of problem managing it.

How does this work from the customer's "user experience"? I'm guessing they will still be able to see the issue type and click on opening a new issue, they will just get an error when trying to do so?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events