Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to have Service Desk on public network, and connecting it with JIRA instance on internal network?

ivana naeymi-rad December 18, 2014

Hi,

We use on premise JIRA instance behind our firewall for internal development work. We would like to use Service Desk to provide customers ability to submit tickets. I don't want to expose internal JIRA server to public domain. Is there a  standalone service/installation for Service Desk that can be installed on external server and that can behind the scene talks securely with internal JIRA server?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2014

No.

Service Desk is an addon that hooks deep into JIRA.  Even if it didn't have deep hooks, it's still an Addon for JIRA - it runs entirely within JIRA.

The closest you could get is to have two JIRA systems - an external one with Service Desk and a workflow that has the ability to update duplicated data in your internal one.

ivana naeymi-rad January 5, 2015

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your answer.

Appreciate if you could provide insight/links for the type of workflow you were referring to.

Thanks.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2015

I don't know what you mean by "type of workflow". A workflow is a workflow, they don't have "types". What I was trying to point out was simply that you will need to duplicate data from one system to another (probably as part of a workflow) if you build the solution I've suggested.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events