Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to have JSD customers use the same credentials to view a confluence space?

Gil
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2019

Hi,

The current JSD KB portal view is a mess and not usable. A 600px width is a far cry from having a rich content experience we need in our KB articles.

Therefore, I'd like to avoid using JSD KB and have the KB space in confluence available with a login access, but ideally have the customer use the same credentials they have for the portal to raise a request, use it also to browse the KB in confluence.

2 answers

0 votes
Peter Hamilton-Harding February 13, 2019

I assume you're using Jira User Management rather than Crowd?

All my articles include the "Related Articles" macro which always lists the article you're in at the top - this is a way to get an expanded view but not ideal, there should be a 'go to confluence' button.

Very curious about why Table of Contents is skipped too, my articles actually look fine in the thin viewer but some are dependent on Table of Contents for their usefulness....

Gil
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2019

Here's an example:

In confluence it looks great.

The contents section is a ToC macro in confluence that shipped with confluence.

See when it was raised: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-3565

image.png

0 votes
Marty
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 13, 2019

Hi Gil,

it's been a little while since I worked with KB but from memory there was a way to get an expanded view of KB articles via the Customer Portal.  Would you mind pasting a screenshot of what Customers are seeing when searching / viewing a KB article?

Gil
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 13, 2019

I cannot post it publicly. 

It is not just about how it's viewed, it's also about the fact that Atlassian is not fixing bugs that were raised in 2016!

For example Table of contents doesn't render at all in the portal view. This is core functionality that we must have in our KB articles.

Another one: Due to the very narrow 2002-ish iframe view of the portal, screenshots are resized to unviewable dimensions, thumbnail-like. While this could be less of an issue if clicking on the image would expend it (like in Confluence), but it doesn't. 

These two deal-breakers are not something I can use as a customer facing portal for our brand. We are currently using MediaWiki which is far better than the customer portal.

So while we migrate internal documents to Confluence, our customer-facing KB articles cannot be used on the JSD portal at all unless these issues are fixed. 

We're left with looking for a JSD replacement or a reasonable workaround where our customers will only use one set of credentials to access the portal to raise requests and browse a dedicated KB space in confluence.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events