Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to give project admins more access for JIRA Service Desk?

Adam Murray April 17, 2017

Currently we have multiple departments working off of our JIRA Service Desk instance (which is maintaned by our department). We are running version 3.3.1 with JIRA core 7.3.1. Each department within has their own project within our enviroment.

Currently when a user is a project admin they do not have access to create/rename custom fields, edit/create issue types or screens, etc. They can also not change these settings for their projects. For example if one of the departments decides they need to change one of their screens and add a custom field to the screen, currently they would need to contact us and have us make the changes for them. Because we do not want different departments being full administrators of our JIRA Service Desk instance is there any way to give project admins more access only for their project?

I am open to using  add-ons or any other methods that might help us with this. Any suggestions or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2017

>Currently when a user is a project admin they do not have access to create/rename custom fields, edit/create issue types or screens, etc

Correct, these are admin level actions as the objects you'd be working on are global and shared.  Atlassian are working on devolving this more (7.3 grants project admins limited access to amend workflows for example), but at the moment, it's simply not possible.

Adam Murray April 17, 2017

Thanks for your response. I know that in JIRA there is an add-on called "Delegated Project Admin Pro" (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.wittified.jira.delegated-admin/server/overview) 

Would you happen to know if there is anything similar in JIRA Service Desk?

Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2017

Hi Adam,

I'm one of the folks behind Delegated Project Admin Pro. It is written for the JIRA Platform so it should be compatible with JIRA Service Desk as well. If you want to give it a whirl and if there's anything that's missing for you - you can drop us an email at support@wittified.com .

Dimitar Dimitrov July 7, 2020

@Daniel Wester are you still on the Delegated Project Admin Pro? if so, I would like to ping you with a few questions regarding VMware's issues on lack of delegated rights for project admins. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events