Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to disallow customers of a particular project to submit cases for a specified time?

Kamil Kornobis May 20, 2019

Hi,

I wanted to ask if it's possible to disallow users to submit tickets for a specified period of time, so that no tickets in JIRA are created when the users send e-mails to the defined e-mail address of the Support Desk? For example for a period of one week or one month.

Regards,
Kamil
Ardent Support Desk

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2019

there is not scheduling feature that would allow this. You would have to go to project permissions and remove roles/groups from the Create permissions scheme.

Kamil Kornobis May 20, 2019

Thank you for the answer.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2019

Hi @Kamil Kornobis

Unfortunately, there is no way to do this natively. I have two possible solutions for you if you are open to apps.

Automation for Jira

This is an incredible automation tool that expands on the stock automation that JSD provides. I would highly recommend using this tool. There are two different versions. One is free but limits how many automations can run a month. The other is paid.

This can solve your specific problem however the ticket would still be created. It is able to delete issues so you can make a rule that when an issue is made by a specific person, it will delete the issue. You could set this up to be limited to a specific time period as well so it only happens during that week or month. 

Free

Paid

ScriptRunner

I'm not super familiar with ScriptRunner and you need to know Groovy to make the script but you could create a script to do something similar to what Automation for Jira would have yoy do.

Download

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2019

I love automation for Jira. indeed it is a great addon. However I do not like the idea of deleting issue after it’s been created. That leaves the customer believing that they have a ticket open when in fact it’s been deleted. Granted you could sent them a notification using the same automation but still...

Like Cody Stevens likes this
Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2019

I agree. I don't normally suggest to delete active customer tickets, however, this would solve his immediate problem. 

I think there might be another way to stop it with a validator in a workflow but unfortunately, I am without a cloud instance for the time being so I cannot confirm.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events