Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to disable or hide the "Create" button along the top toolbar in Jira Service Desk?

Deleted user December 4, 2017

We're running JSD 3.8.1 Server Edition and would like to know if there's a way to disable/hide the Create button along the top horizontal toolbar within the Agent Portal. 

We would like to hide it so that we don't have to maintain the layout & organization of fields in a different view.  We'd rather just have our Agents use the Raise a Request button if they need to enter a request/incident.

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2017

Hi Patrick,

You cannot necessarily hide the create button, but you can make it so that from Create your customers cannot choose the service desk and therefore must go to the service desk to raise the issue.

In the Permissions - set Create Issues to ONLY "Service Desk Customer - Portal Access"

Hope that helps...SUsan

image.png

Deleted user December 5, 2017

Thanks @Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_.  That workaround did solve the problem as Agents will no longer be able to submit requests to the project.  An ugly warning message appeared letting me know that "the project has configuration problems and may not work as expected" but I can dismiss the warning if this is the route we plan on taking.  Thanks for your help!

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2017

Yes just ignore the ugly warning message.  We had to do that as well.

Please mark as answered if happy (little checkmark)...

Jeanne Scilley February 26, 2019

Hello @Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_ 

I loved your suggestion and gave it a try for myself. I needed to make changes to my users and roles to make sure I was listed as not just an agent but as a customer and the trick worked just fine.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 27, 2019

So glad to hear that Jeanne.

Rojan Koc August 20, 2019

Hi all,

Can you guys show me a guide or "How-to" disable the "Create support ticket function in the Service desk" for the Customer. 

Best regards,

Rojan

Lars Boldt Pedersen December 6, 2019

Any way that you can select which groups that should not have the permission, instead of selecting all groups that should be allowed?

Jiri May 24, 2020

Please note this will also disable Move function to that project. In my case we need move, but we dont want create.

Like Admin Jira Servicedesk likes this
Amit Kumar Singh March 8, 2022

Hi @Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_  i have similar issue, but i need to get rid off from that warning message as there and more user will be using this..

0 votes
Andre Lehmann December 4, 2017

Maybe you can hide that button via css. But that will hide the button always, which I don't recommend.

Deleted user December 5, 2017

Thanks for the reply, Andre.  I was hoping that there was a checkbox somewhere in the settings.  Our organization is new to JSD so we're trying to avoid any changes that require opening the code.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events