Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to connect a service desk ticket to a regular JIRA project?

Ashley Jean May 28, 2015

I know there is a limitation where users cannot see tickets that are moved from the service desk 'project' to an internal development project.

We were thinking of creating a 'duplicate' issue in the development project and linking it to the original service desk issue as a way of tracking. Has anyone tried this, how well does it work?

Is anyone successfully using any other work-arounds? We're open to suggestions

2 answers

0 votes
Bart Van Belle May 31, 2015

A far better and more logical way would be that Atlassian reconsiders/rethinks the "agent-collaborator" licence policy: if collaborators (ie. JIRA licenced users) would have the possibility to actively work on SDesk issues (ie. logging work, be the assignee etc... like it works in "normal" non-SDdesk JIRA projects, then the world would look better for erveryone: the traditional JIRA customers would LOVE Sdesk and use it heavily, Atlassian would have a GREAT product in their product portfolio that could be a major competitor for the traditional/large SDesk systems arround (BMC, IBM, HP, etc...). 

Just my 2 cents ...

0 votes
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 28, 2015

You can link both issues from within JIRA, is that what you are looking for?

Ashley Jean May 28, 2015

HI Pedro, That's what I was thinking of trying. I was wondering if it worked. Particularly, if there was any visibility possible to the 'customer' on the status of the linked ticket.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events