Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to check the fields everytime that the form is updated, to trigger transition ?

Pourya Akrami April 4, 2018

Im struggling to build a situation, which the form submitted by student will be passed to departments as it is shown in the workflow, and it will go to YOUR APPLICATION IS IN PROGRESS status. in this status people from different departments fill the related fields in the form and update it. i want the system every time that the form is updated  check if all the fields are filled and not empty, just trigger the transition SEND THE APPLICATION TO FINANCE . how can i do that (I know it is not possible by post function because that happens upon another transition which i don want that)? can you guys please help meScreenshot from 2018-04-04 17-07-07.png

3 answers

2 votes
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2018

Hi Pourya,

If you want to keep your current workflow, add a screen on transition so that the department fills out the required fields and clicks submit and it goes to the next status. Just make sure the buttons make sense to the business users. That way, you don't have to bother with having the system check each time fields are updated and the form is updated.

Does this solve your question? 

Carolyn

Thx for replying @carolyn french, but there is one create screen which student submit , edit screen has extra fields which will be filled up by departments, the issue is there is not one department only which needs to fill up the form, there are 3 departments that will open the form and fill the related fields. so if one department just fill the fields and submit then others will be empty , so i want every department to just fill in the data and update the form, and once the system c all related fields are filled up trigger the transition

i dont want departments to make the transition, i just want them to update the form and once the form is filled up fully. the system trigger the transition. is there any way to that ? any add on to check the fields ? or anything ?

this is the form, the first fields will be filled up and updated by library, the second two fields will be filled and updated by Accommodation and the last two of them will be filled by immigration department

2.png

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2018

Hi Pourya,

Issues will have one assignee at a time, so you need to plan for how different departments will manage their work load. When I looked at your workflow, you have different statuses for the different departments. This is why I suggested having screens with required fields per transition.

You could check out Scriptrunner (cloud and server) for more automation options, but I think the first step is to plan out the workflow and how the departments will be working on the issue.

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn

Thx for replying , i do not have different status for different department , i have only one status which is the YOUR APPLICATION IS IN PROGRESS, when the request reach to this status , 3 different groups of people will get notified , which is Library, Accommodation and Immigration. They dont have anything to do with jira they will just login to the system , take the info of the student , do the calculations and blah blah in their own systems (Not Jira) and at the end enter the final amount in the form and update it . Its the same thing for all the departments, assignee is not important , after 3 of them entered the amounts , i want the system to check whether the fields are filled or not , if yea then trigger the transition SEND THE APPLICATION TO FINANCE 

0 votes
Margaret Boisvert September 29, 2021

I know this is old but I came across it while looking for something else and wanted to suggest a possible solution.
You could set up a transition that goes from "Your Application is In Progress" to itself that allows the departments to edit.  You can even have a separate one for each department that only has their fields on it if you want.  
Then add a post function on those transitions that checks to see if all the fields have been filled in and if so, then transition to the next status.

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2018

If you want to trigger a transition on update, then you would need to write your own plugin or use such plugins as Power Scripts, ScriptRunner, Automation For Jira. 

If you have any of this addons, kindly let me know.

Pourya Akrami April 5, 2018

Thx for replying @Alexey Matveev 

Im running the jira on cloud, yea i have script runner , can you help to create a function that check the specific fields in the form (OR EVEN ALL THE FIELDS) each time the form is updated and if all the fields were filled, it triggers the transition SEND THE APPLICATION TO FINANCE

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2018

Unfortunately, I can not write a script for you. I do no work with Scriptrunner for Cloud.

Pourya Akrami April 5, 2018

so how do you think shall i solve this issue ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events