Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to change URL for customers on jira service desk cloud?

Natalia Lezhai November 16, 2018

We want to change the URL on our internal service desk. Is it possible to customize on Jira Cloud?

9 answers

2 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Charly [DEISER]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2018
Natalia Lezhai November 19, 2018

Thank you Carlos!

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jerry Ryan Ishmael November 18, 2018

You can however redirect your friendly custom URL to your jira instance url. I.e. help.mycompany.com > mycompany.atlassian.com

Hi Jerry! How can I redirect?

After reading this: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/Friendly-URL-for-Service-Desk/qaq-p/47601?_ga=2.182825253.2038732209.1542611217-1966920985.1506952581

I still don't get it how to do the redirect on Cloud Service Desk. 

Would really appreciate your help:)

Like Arun Kumar likes this
Charly [DEISER]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2018

Hi @Natalia Lezhai you are not going to be able to redirect the url because on cloud instances you have 0 control over the configuration. That links is for server o data center deployments where you control the proxy and everything regarding you deployment.

Regards

Jerry Ryan Ishmael November 19, 2018

Hi all,

So, what we did was take a custom URL from our own domain and 'pointed' it towards the Atlassian service desk. So rather than communicating internally and to our clients:

"https://Mycompany.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals"

We can communicate:

"help.mycompany.com" for example. 

Hope that helps.

Like Russ White likes this
Natalia Lezhai December 14, 2018

Understood Jerry!

Nigel Moore May 20, 2019

@Jerry Ryan Ishmael we are just migrating across to Jira Service Desk from our old system and found this limitation with the cloud offering.

Short of creating redirects for every single page, have you come up with any way to directly link clients to an article using your own URL (instead of just the general URL that will take them to the homepage).

E.g. we want to give our users something like help.ourcompany.com/how-to-update-your-details which then direct links them into the particular article on the portal.

Obviously we can manually create a redirect for every one of these URL's - however I was wondering if you had setup a way to handle this without having to do that.

Many thanks!

Jerry Ryan Ishmael May 21, 2019

No, unfortunately, I have not found a way nor do I use confluence in my helpdesk for this very reason. Confluence is better suited for internal IT/general helpdesks.

I utilize an outside source for articles by the way.

Nigel Moore May 21, 2019

Ah, gotcha.

Yes - we are looking like we'll end up doing the same as the Jira portal is VERY limited in capacity.

I was hoping we'd be able to stick with one vendor.

Can I ask what you ended up using instead?

4 votes
Matias D'Angelo June 1, 2021

I'm not happy whit this, -1 for Atlassian.

For customers and companies like us is important to have our own URL. I'm dissapointed.

PhilSpo
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 22, 2022

You will have to vote and watch the feature request. 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-1627

AAlbero July 14, 2022

We need to keep upvoting this

2 votes
Falko Sieverding February 9, 2022

Is there any update on this?
is it now possible to change the Jira SD url into a custom one owned by the customer?

Remi Arquier April 5, 2022

No, while totally unbelievable, it's still not possible, and I discovered that after 2 weeks of service desk concept learning and configuration for my company

I have never felt so frustrated since my first loves as a teenager

Like # people like this
2 votes
Gary Quay July 9, 2021

We are on cloud based Jira service desk and need help on changing the portal url 

1 vote
Adrian Ceballos BlackBull Markets September 1, 2022

Hi guys, any update on this?

0 votes
Milos Bogdanovic January 18, 2023

We miss also this feature. 

0 votes
WernerS December 14, 2022

+1 need this feature as well ...

0 votes
Igor Levchuk October 26, 2021

Also need this feature