Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to auto assign approver(s) based on a department in Jira Service Desk?

Megan Hannon April 20, 2018

Can a request type be configured to auto assign an approver based on a selected department? 

For example a user selects from a drop down which department should complete the request. When the user submits the ticket, the initial approver(s)  (not agents but customer approvers) for the ticket are auto populated based on which department was selected from the drop down.

We're looking for a way to have a universal request type requiring approval that we could use for multiple departments. 

2 answers

0 votes
PJ Wysota
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2018

Actually we do the the other way around:

- Org structure (departments, cost centres, other organisational assets) stored in Insight for JIRA structures.
- approvers auto populated into fields based on attributes in Insight objects (e.g. Manager, Owner, Approver)

can u explain a little more detailed plz?

0 votes
Patrick Cartier [Candylio]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2018

Hi @Megan Hannon,

I'm fairly certain you need an add-on like Scriptrunner or Power Scripts to do this.  I found this answer from last year here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/Is-there-a-way-to-automatically-set-approver-based-on-custom/qaq-p/676970

Hope this helps.

Megan Hannon April 26, 2018

Thank you! I appreciate the help. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events