Is it possible to amend the Service Desk email templates ?

Sam Morris May 20, 2014

Hi

We've recently purchased the Service Desk plugin.

We would like to amend the email Templates that come with Service Desk.

For example the confirmation email that is sent to the reporter when an issue is raised on the Customer Portal.

Is this possible ?

Thanks
Sam

7 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Anna Cardino
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2014

Hello Sam,

Kindly look to this documentation, https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Customizing+Email+Content.

Furthermore, I came across to JRA-7266. I would suggest that you do the following on the tickets:

* Vote, so that it will receive more attention

* Watch it, so that you will receive any and all updates

* Comment, and give your opinion on the matter

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Monique

2 votes
Jean-Michel Cazaux January 6, 2015

Just been diggiing on this issue most of the day.

I just cannot believe that once can market a helpdesk system where you cannot actually customize end user notification.

So frustrating...

2 votes
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2014

At this stage it is not possible to customize mail templates for Service Desk. A request has been logged here to add such functionality.

1 vote
Simon Stevenson September 11, 2014

Service desk emails use a different system that uses templates that are built into the plug-in and not editable (afaict).

0 votes
Perttu Isotalo March 12, 2015

We have managed to do that. We have made script for ourselves that it allows us to customize all out going emails.

It's more like a workaround for this problem but it helped us. 

You just need to edit templates in JAR file.

Please write path to templates in jar file

Jeremy Hallock March 2, 2016

Can someone please share the location of the templates in the JAR file?  I'm not finding it.

0 votes
BenP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2015

Am hoping Enterprise Mail Handler for JIRA will be able to fill in the gaps.. 

0 votes
Sam Morris May 21, 2014

Yes, I read this documentation before and amended the normal JIRA email templates previously. However the Service Desk emails don't appear to be in the same directory. The Service Desk email templates seem to be hidden away some where.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events