Is it possible to allow administrators to see the intern comments and not the service desk team?

PayByPhone August 24, 2017

Hello,

I would like to use the intern comments with the other administrator for one project but I don't want the service desk team to see it. How can I do that?

In the permission scheme there are no "intern comments" feature. 

Thank you for your answers

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2017

Hi,

The whole point of internal comments are they are for the service desk team.   There is no permissioning at this time for such a feature, but that does sound very interesting.    Maybe something similar to this request:

JSDSERVER-3392

Cheers Susan.

Hi Susan, thank you for your answer.

The link you gave me does help.

I gave a user a "browse project" permission and he does not have any project role but I don't know why he can still se the internal comments. 

I have no idea why.

If you can help me once again it's awesome

Thanks

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2017

Hi,

Browse project by definition allows visibility of the entire issue, comments, transitions, history.    THe idea is that the agent might want to open up browse to collaborators to see all the comments both internal and external. 

So unfortunately no way at this time to hide those internal comments from anyone EXCEPT the customer.

:-)

Please mark this question if you feel it's been answered.  Although I know you were hoping for a fix.  I wasn't even able to locate an add-on that would do this.

Thank you for your help Susan!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events