Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to add custom drop down list as a field for "Request Types" in JIRA Service Desk

Nitesh Bhambhani August 20, 2017

I would like to add a custom drop down list as a field for "Request Types" in Service Desk which are reflected in customer portal. For e.g. when a customer opens the portal, they are presented with drop down list entailing issues like Login, Crash, etc out of which they can select any one. Is this something that can be done in service desk?

2 answers

1 vote
Nitesh Bhambhani August 21, 2017

Thank you Nic! I was just trying to create a scenario where the customer logs in to the portal and just see one request type say "Raise a request". Once he clicks on that, a form opens up with a drop down list which when clicked by user displays a list of issues such as login, crash, user experience, etc. Based on the selection, the dynamic fields (which I want to configure from the project settings if possible) get displayed on the form. But I think am asking for too much here, correct? :)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2017

Yes, the portals are designed to keep things in one place and offer the user the list up front, instead of asking them to select one in the next screen (and then have that have to change when they select another type).

You do get to configure what fields are available for each type though - the next screen a customer sees after clicking one of the types can vary by type.

Nitesh Bhambhani August 21, 2017

Thank you Nic! You were of great help. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2017

Not really.  The list of request types drives the list of options to create requests on the portal front-end.  You don't need a drop-down, the user selects it from the portal already.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events