• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Service Management
  • Questions
  • Is it possible to add a confluence link (that is not part of the knowledge base) to jira service desk issue without enabling anonymous viewing (we only want service desk customers to be able to access the confluence space)?

Is it possible to add a confluence link (that is not part of the knowledge base) to jira service desk issue without enabling anonymous viewing (we only want service desk customers to be able to access the confluence space)?

Nevra Kadıoğlu June 3, 2015

Does JIRA and confluence have to be linked via oAuth (right now they are linked via google)? Lastly, if the JIRA service desk customers have to have a confluence account, is there a seamless way for the customer to access confluence, without having to log into confluence when they are already logged into JIRA?

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 4, 2015

Hi Nevra, 

You can link any Confluence Space into JIRA Service Desk (JSD). Though, they will be associated as knowledge base.

Here's the thing about the integration, you have two options:

a) JSD users are Confluence users as well: If they have an account on both applications, you can restrict which space they can see on JSD.

b) JSD users don't have a Confluence account: Then, to enable the knowledge base, the space will have to allow anonymous access. But please be aware that your space will be available to anyone in the internet.

About the oAuth question, if your JIRA and Confluence are under the same account, e.x.: testing.atlassian.net (JIRA) and testing.atlassian.net/wiki (Confluence), they are already linked. The only thing is that each of your users will have to have a license for each application (which you can manage via Cog Icon > User Management).

Please let us know if this clarifies things. smile

Cheers!

0 votes
Nevra Kadıoğlu June 9, 2015

Hi Elisa, I have not heard back from you..could you please answer my last question when you get a chance? Thanks!

0 votes
Nevra Kadıoğlu June 8, 2015

Thanks again for your answer Elisa, I just have one more question; since the JSD users (customers) need to be added to Confluence, is there a seamless way for the customer to access Confluence (i.e. they don't have to log in to JSD and then Confluence)?

0 votes
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 4, 2015

Yes, you can add a Confluence link page into a JSD ticket. Though, this page must have anonymous access or customers have to be Confluence users to view it.

About the integration, you don't choose when integrating them, but you can manage application access to both applications under the User Management.

To keep manuals available only to customers, I'd suggest you to add those customers into Confluence.

Let me know if this helps. smile

0 votes
Nevra Kadıoğlu June 4, 2015

Hi Elisa,

Thank you for your answer, I still have a few questions;

• I understand that I can link a Confluence space into JSD but my original question was - can I add a confluence link (a page within a space for example) that is not under the knowledge base to a JSD ticket, does the user (which is a customer) have to have a confluence account?
  • In your answer about integration, are options a and b a setting that you can chose when you are integrating JIRA and Confluence? (We are using the cloud hosting and I just took over JIRA/Confluence administration).

This is what we want to do; keep our user manuals only accessible to our customers.

Thank you.

NK

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events