Integrating with Jira Software

Robyn Lewis March 22, 2018

I've set up an evaluation account of cloud-based Jira Service Desk and we're now considering purchasing. How would I ensure our Jira Service Desk is properly integrated with our Jira Software, which we've had for years. 

Also, it appears there are no usage limits on cloud. Is that correct?

1 answer

1 vote
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 22, 2018

Hi Robyn,

If you enable Jira Service Desk on your Cloud instance, it will automatically be integrated with Jira Core and Jira Software.

As for usage limits, there are indeed:

If this isn't the sort of limit you're referring to, can you let me know which limit you want to know more about?

Regards,

Shannon

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 22, 2018

In addition, there is no difference between an evaluation Cloud instance and a paid instance, so you will already be able to check your existing setup if your integration is working as expected.

Shannon

Robyn Lewis March 22, 2018

Thanks for your help, Shannon! Sounds good on the integration front.

Yes, that's the limit I wasn't able to find earlier. I assume that applies to everything in the cloud -- our Jira Software and Jira Service Desk content combined -- is that correct? So every Jira ticket with a screen shot attached and every issue logged by an end user with a screen shot attached would all add up against that storage limit.

I appreciate the help!

Robyn

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
March 23, 2018

Hi Robyn,

Yes, that's correct. It will apply to everything together, including all attachments.

Regards,

Shannon

Robyn Lewis March 26, 2018

Thanks for your help. This solution probably won't work for us then. I appreciate the insights.

Best,

Robyn

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
March 26, 2018

Robyn,

I'm happy I could answer your questions.

If you were concerned about managing your own Jira server but want extra space, then I recommend reaching out to our Atlassian Partners.

Partners who have expertise in Managed Hosting would be able to host the site for you, as we would on Cloud, but could provide you with the space you need for the size of the Jira site you will have.

Let us know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events