Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrate and synchronize the Active Directory domain Users

Murthy Namagiri January 15, 2018

Need to Integrate and synchronize the Active Directory domain Users into JIRA Service Desk application.

2 answers

1 vote
Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 8, 2018

Hello Murthy,

You could try to do this with Active Directory Attributes Sync app. The group filters, like the one you tried to apply, work there well.

Please let me know if it solved the issue.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2018

I think you can achieve this by:

1. Create a JIRA group, i.e. JIRA-customers
  2. Create a second LDAP-policy and set the newly created group "JIRA-customers" as default membership for that policy and that particular scope
  3. In the Service desk project, go to administration --> roles and map the JIRA-customers group to the "Service desk customers" role
Murthy Namagiri January 30, 2018

Hi,

As like the same i created the same AD group called as "jirasdusers" group and added only respective AD users into the member of the jirasdusers group.

And after, from the jira external directory configuration, i had specified only (&(objectCategory=group)(cn=jirasdusers)) in the group schema field, but after syncroniztion succeeded result,  it was reflecting entire AD users and and groups, including disabled users in the JIRA...

Pls assist on this, i wants to reflect into the jira only the AD users which are in the member of the jirasdusers AD groups..

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events