cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrate Service Desk with muy WEB

The Company November 21, 2017

Hi, 

We want to integrate jira service desk in a web page where the user login
Can it be integrated without the user having to re-login in jira service desk?

Best regards

2 answers

0 votes
danielpoft December 11, 2017

I have the same problem. We already have a Support Centre, with downloads, manuals and trainnings, and we would like to integrate the Service Desk features in the same support centre without force the customer to login again. That would be a great feature very usefull for a big number of companies.

Best regards

Daniel

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 22, 2017

Hi,

You could use Issue Collector to log Jira issues directly through your site, but if you want to use the features of Service Desk then you will need to link or embed your Customer Portal into your site. You could use an iFrame to embed it directly in your site if you don't want to link it. 

In this case your users will still need to login to submit the issue.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Shannon

Harinath T March 23, 2018

Hi @Shannon S

How can we send user login details from an iFrame, can you please elaborate it. And is there any option/possibility to customize the iFrame screen, which ever we included in an iFrame.

Thanks you.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 23, 2018

Harinath,

An iFrame simply loads a website from an external site. You would embed the issue collector on your own website and users could submit through there. An issue collector doesn't require any login details.

See Using the issue collector:

What is an 'issue collector'?

The issue collector allows you to easily embed a JIRA feedback form into your own web site. This form is typically accessed by clicking a 'trigger' tab exposed along the edge of pages in your web site.

When used by people visiting your web site click this trigger tab and submit the resulting JIRA feedback form, an issue is conveniently created in JIRA.

Visitors to your web site do not require a user account in JIRA to use the JIRA feedback form.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Shannon

Harinath T March 25, 2018

Thank you Shannon,

Harinath T March 26, 2018

@Shannon S 

Actually I want to get Jira screens but not to create Jira issue.

I want to get project queues as a Iframe into external application.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
March 26, 2018

The same is possible, but the users would likely need to login to Jira via the iFrame depending on your Jira permissions.

If you have any issues with this I would recommend raising a new question so we don't take over this thread. 

Regards,

Shannon

Harinath T March 26, 2018

Sure Shannon, 

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events