Insight object as user picker in approval process

Krzysztof Hotiuk December 14, 2018

Hi, 

I would like to use users, who is stored in Insight's Object (ex. name "Approvers") as user picker field in approvals process in Jira ServiceDesk.

Is it possible?

By default, to choose approver I can use standard or custom field which have "user picker" type. How to take person from Insight field?

Regards, 

Krzysztof

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Yinon Negev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2018

Hi Krzysztof.

If your Insight "User" Object includes an Attribute of the Type "User", then indeed you can select the User Object in your Customfield, then using an Insight Postfunction, set the Attribute containing the Jira User or the Users Email to the "Approvers" Issue field.

Kind regards,

Yinon

Team Riada

Krzysztof Hotiuk December 17, 2018

It works! thx

0 votes
PJ Wysota
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2018

WItam Krzysztofie, dawno nie gadaliśmy. :-)

It can be done, but I do not recall if Your config is using JIRA users accounts in Approvers attribute, or Insight Users objects.

1st case - just as @Yinon Negev stated. You will just point out to attribute defining "approvers".

2nd case - you will need to use different approach: 

Intermediate Insight fields - storing "approvers" User objects and populate it on one of transitions using this Postfunction scope referring to source object and "approvers" attribute. Then second step as with above - populating user picker from this intermediate field. 

there might be another option - using IQL reference to 2nd level attribute, like You would populate user picker with referenced object attribute of e-mail/Jira User, but would need to confirm it works (as it is IQL using either out or in references, and is dependent on your setup).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events