Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ingesting email from a system to create tickets.

Paul Neat December 5, 2017

I have a system which generates alerts which are currently emailed to a mail box.  I want to feed these emails into Jira Service desk so I can track, set up workflows, est.  It appears all the documentation is for customers to open tickets via email, wherein the responses as they are worked are sent to the customer.  In my case, I do not want to sent any responses to the "customer".  Does Jira have a setting not to send replies?  Any issues with me setting up my system as a "customer"?

thanks

Paul

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2017

Hello,

I think you need to create a mail handler in Jira. You can read more if you follow the link below

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/creating-issues-and-comments-from-email-779288896.html

0 votes
Answer accepted
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2017

Hi Paul,

If only the alerts are going into your service desk, then all the customer notifications can be disabled.  With the exception of resolution, an notification will always be sent out (hard coded into Service Desk).

Hope this helps

Susan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events