Inform agents by email when issues are approved.

Ronald Spina January 8, 2018

I would like send an e-mail to the agents when an issues has been approved.  I searched through the system Notification I could not find an Event with name "Issue Approved".  Can this type of notification be created and if yes how please?

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2018

Hello,

When you setup approvals you setup which transition to use if the request is approved or not. You can create your custom event and fire the event on the transitions. Then in the project notification scheme you can choose your custom event and link users who must receive notifications. You can read more here about custom events

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/adding-a-custom-event-938847495.html

Ronald Spina January 8, 2018

Thank you for your reply. I followed this procedure bu still not receiving the e-mail.  Using the Notification Handler the users that should receive the e-mail are being hit by the event.  

Basically I have created an Event 'Issue Approved'.

From the Notification I selected the event 'Issue Approved' and I have added the users that should receive the e-mail.

From the Workflow 'Service Request with Approvals' I edited the transition 'Approve', under the Post Functions I added 'Fire a Issue Approved event that can be processed by the listeners.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events