Incoming mail management

Addactis Support&Operations February 19, 2019

I'm testing Jira service desk in the cloud and I have a question related to incoming mail management.

A customer sends a mail to jira service desk E-mail address to report a problem. A new jira service desk ticket is created with an ID. If the customer sends new mail containing the ticket ID, this mails will be added to the service desk ticket.

How to configure service desk so that if a colleague of the customer sends a new mail containing the ticket ID, this E-mail is also added to the jira service desk ?

I made many tests and the mail sent by the colleague always creates a new Jira service desk ticket.

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 19, 2019

Hi Pierre,

For an email reply to be added as a comment on a ticket, this customer must have access to the ticket.
If this customer is not a reporter, participant or watcher, if they reply to the notification even containing the ID of the message, a new ticket will be created. So before sending the notification for them to reply, add them as a participant of the ticket, so their reply will be added as a comment.

Regards,
Angélica

Addactis Support&Operations February 20, 2019

Hi Angelica,

Thanks for your reply.

Is there a way to automate the parcipants creation process ?

I means, when the initial mail is received, this there a way to browse the list of cc adresses and to add them automatically as participants ?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 22, 2019

Hi Pierre,

To add participants the customer must add the emails on TO or CC fields when they open the request via email or when they reply to a notification.
Also, you or they can add the participants manually on the customer portal.

You can find more details on the documentation below:
- Adding request participants

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events