Incoming emails open issues in incorrect project

Gualter Augusto January 23, 2018

I created a test project named "project 1" and integrated one email account where all our incoming emails would be received, and issues would be created automatically.

This worked fine on project 1. After a server migration (we are still evaluating jira service desk server) to another machine, i imported my old config through a .zip file.

Later on i removed this project 1 and created a fresh new one, project 2.

On project 2 i activated incoming emails again from the same email box as project 1.

Thing is, now all my incoming emails create issues under project 1 (because the requester's received email has the original tag HD-27, continuing the ticket number of the previous project) instead of creating on the new project 2.

Any thoughts on how to correct this?

1 answer

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2018

Hello Gualter,

You have mentioned that "Later on i removed this project 1 and created a fresh new one, project 2."

So if the project 1 doesn't exist in your system then how come issues are being created in this project?

Gualter Augusto January 23, 2018

It was just a guess because the subject on the emails sent back to the requester went with "HD-27". The tag from the previous project and the ticket number that was next to come.

Nevertheless the issue is fixed. I changed the password of the email in which this setup was configured and reconfigured the "custom email address" in Email Requests.

Very strange.

Thanks for your reply !

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events