Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the latest version of JSD when can a reporter be an email address?

Gavin Means November 18, 2015

I have set up a service desk and I am getting issues via our support email address. some show up with reporter showing an email address others do not. What I really what to know is... If I create a JSD issue can I chage the reporter to a specific email address? 

3 answers

0 votes
tech support January 6, 2017

Hello,

We'd like to understand how to set the external users email address as the reporter. It used to show up that way for us but no longer. 

What settings are required?

0 votes
Almuth Boehme [Communardo] January 5, 2016

As long as the email address of the user in question is already registered with Service Desk, you can change the reporter to that address, yes.

0 votes
Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2015

Hello Gavin,

if JSD receives a new issue via mail, it tries to match the email address with a known user.

• If JSD can identify the user, it'll use this user as reporter of the issue.
    => The reporter field in the issue will not show an email address.
  • If JSD cannot identify the user via his email address and if you configured your service desk to allow public signup, JSD will create a new JIRA user and use the email address as user name.
    => The reporter field in the issue will show an email address.

I don't quiet understand your question about changing the reporter. Do you want to change the reporter of an existing JSD issue? Do you want to change the email address of a reporter (=JIRA user)?

Cheers,
Kirstin

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events