In the latest version of JSD when can a reporter be an email address?

I have set up a service desk and I am getting issues via our support email address. some show up with reporter showing an email address others do not. What I really what to know is... If I create a JSD issue can I chage the reporter to a specific email address? 

3 answers

Hello Gavin,

if JSD receives a new issue via mail, it tries to match the email address with a known user.

• If JSD can identify the user, it'll use this user as reporter of the issue.
    => The reporter field in the issue will not show an email address.
  • If JSD cannot identify the user via his email address and if you configured your service desk to allow public signup, JSD will create a new JIRA user and use the email address as user name.
    => The reporter field in the issue will show an email address.

I don't quiet understand your question about changing the reporter. Do you want to change the reporter of an existing JSD issue? Do you want to change the email address of a reporter (=JIRA user)?

Cheers,
Kirstin

As long as the email address of the user in question is already registered with Service Desk, you can change the reporter to that address, yes.

Hello,

We'd like to understand how to set the external users email address as the reporter. It used to show up that way for us but no longer. 

What settings are required?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 14, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

How the Telegram Integration for Jira helps Sergey's team take their support efficiency to the bank

...+ reading Fantasy). The same is true for him at the bank he works for: Efficiency is key when time literally equals money. Read on to learn how Sergey makes most of the time he has by...

552 views 3 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you