In a single Service Desk, how can I have 5 Request Types each with different required custom fields?

Chris Land November 27, 2017

JIRA/Service Desk Cloud

I have built a Service Desk with five custom Issue Types and five Request Types, each comprising of mainly custom fields, but each Request Type has different fields. This was built and working fine, until I was asked to make all of the fields 'required'. On doing this, each request type changed so that each one comprised of all fields, not just the ones previously assigned.

So I built five independent Screens, Screen Schemes and Issue Type Screen Schemes, but for the life of me I cannot get independent screens assigned to each of the Issue Types. And now I have got myself in all sorts of knots!!!

What I can see is that on the Issue Types screen, my Issue Types are assigned to 'Default Issue Type Scheme' and 'Default Configuration Scheme for Airline Activation Date' ('Airline Activation Date' being a Custom Field: not a type, or scheme), yet on the Issue Type Scheme page my Issue Types are assigned to a different Issue Type Scheme.

On the project Issue Types screen, I have the same Field Configuration and Screen assigned to each Issue Type (which I assume is the problem), but cannot work out how to change these.

_ProjectIssueTypesScreen.jpg_ProjectRequestTypes.jpgIssueTypes.jpgIssueTypeScheme.jpgIssueTypeScreenSchemes.jpgScreenSchemes.jpg

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2017

You need for each issuetype an own Field Configuration.  Then assign within your Field Configuration Scheme the correct Field Configuration to each Issuetype.

Chris Land November 27, 2017

Thanks Udo. That has really helped and I am now set up to go!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events