In Service Desk I would like to categorize resolutions

In service desk I would like to add a drop-down when tickets are resolved to categorize the resolution.  

Expected behavior:

As a support rep when I click the "Done" button I am required to choose from a drop-down the resolution.  We then want to run a report on what the resolution was to prioritize fixes.  

1 answer

Andrew, you're describing a workflow option leveraging a transition screen. So within the workflow associated with the issuetype(s) in question, when users click the "done" transition, a screen pops up where they can select the resolution field value. Pretty standard need - you could view the Resolve Issue transition in the JIRA Default WF to see how this is configured. More reading: 

As an FYI, you could also use WF post functions to set a specific resolution value, and while that doesn't sound exactly like what you're after in this case, it's an option.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 14, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

How the Telegram Integration for Jira helps Sergey's team take their support efficiency to the bank

...+ reading Fantasy). The same is true for him at the bank he works for: Efficiency is key when time literally equals money. Read on to learn how Sergey makes most of the time he has by...

533 views 3 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you