Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In JSD how can I, as an admin, see which customers clicked "Get notifications" on a ticket

Sherryl Radbil July 7, 2017

JSD has two ways customers other than the submitter can get email when a ticket is updated:

1. Shared with (in the portal) aka Request Participants (in the agent view)
  2. Customer can click the Get notifications link in the portal

For #1 agents and customers can see who will get email when they update the ticket because it is displayed on the ticket in both the portal and agent view.

For #2how can I as an admin, either in the Agent view or an admin function, see which customers clicked Get notficiations and are getting the updates?

Along the same vein, if a Request Participant clicks Don't notify me it looks like that person should be getting emails, but they are not. How can we check that as well?

If this is documented please point me to it; I was unable to find any information about how the Get notifications/Don't notify me mechanism works and how it can be controlled from the Email notifications.

Note that when I use the Notification Helper and compare a user who clicked Don't notify me and another who did not, the results look the same.

Thanks in advance,

Sherryl

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2019

@Sherryl Radbil ,

I realize this is an old request/question but it was discuss recently in our online Community forum as an example of a missed question. Unfortunately, for various reasons some questions fall thru the cracks. Sometimes this is due to folks not knowing the answers, sometimes it results from limitations in the application itself. In the end however, the Community is largely comprised of volunteers doing what they can to assist fellow users and sometimes we fall short. :-(

In any event, for your benefit and the benefit of future searches I wanted to attempt to answer your inquiry.

Unfortunately, if a customer clicks on "Don't notify me" it is a silent action and the agent has no awareness of this nor can they determine it. There is an open suggestion for this and you might consider watching/voting as it is a very lonely suggestion at this point. JSDCLOUD-7812

Sherryl Radbil May 1, 2019

Thank you Jack.

Like Deleted user likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2019

Glad to help. Sorry I missed seeing this issue originally. 

0 votes
Erika Nunotani
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 29, 2019

Hi Sherryl!

0 votes
Sherryl Radbil July 18, 2017

Any thoughts on this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events