Imported attachments not visible on Customer Portal

azade bagheri January 12, 2020

Hello,

We have same problem.

when an attachment share with customer it don't added as a comment. and not visible in portal for jira customers.

can you help me to resolve this

Thanks

Azadeh

1 answer

1 vote
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 14, 2020

Hello Azade,

Thank you for reaching out to Community!

For customers to see the attachments in the portal, it’s necessary to add it as a comment and not just add to the ticket.

Usually when we select the “Share with the customer” the attachments should be automatically added as a comment. Can you please confirm if this behavior is happening?

Does it show any information about the attachment in the portal? Sometimes depending on the renderer of the field, it will show the name instead of the thumbnail.

Regards,
Angélica

azade bagheri January 15, 2020

Hello  Angélica,

Thanks for answer,

My Problem is when “Share with the customer” attachment, it shouldn't automatically added as a comment and don't show in portal.

but, when attach a file in the comment and “Share with the customer” it show in portal.

my comment renderer is Wiki style renderer.

Thank you,

Azade

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2020

That's the correct behavior. When we add only an attachment and select "Share with customer", it will automatically add the attachment as a comment and the customer will be able to see in the portal.

When we select "Add to issue only" the attachment will be visible internally and then if the agent wants the customer to see, it's necessary to add a new comment with the attachment.

On the customer portal, the field "Attachments" is not visible, that's why it's necessary to add in the comments.

Marc Koppelaar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2020

Hi @Angélica Luz ,

I have a similar issues, when you add an attachment via the attachment section and you select "Share with customer" it's not set as a comment and not shown on the portal.

Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 16.01.24.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 16.01.13.png

The following does work when adding an attachment within a comment.

"When we select "Add to issue only" the attachment will be visible internally and then if the agent wants the customer to see, it's necessary to add a new comment with the attachment.""

Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 16.02.11.pngScreen Shot 2020-03-16 at 16.02.28.png

So why is this behavior different?

Edit: You need to add text when adding just an attachment in the attachment section, then the attachment will be added as a comment and visible on the customer portal.

I still think this could be classified as a "bug" as it's not clear.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
March 17, 2020

Hello @Marc Koppelaar,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

This issue that you are facing is indeed a bug, but it was already fixed.

This bug affects JSD 4.5.2, is this the version you are using?

To fix the issue, it's necessary to upgrade Service Desk to 4.7.2 which will be released in a few weeks.

Please, watch our Release notes page to receive updates about new versions.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events