Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import emails in new project with older dates

williamdavidedwards July 21, 2018

I have about 200 emails that need to be imported into a new Jira project. These emails have been sent in the past year.

Jira isn't picking up these emails. When I send a new email, it does get imported and turned into an issue.

I have a feeling that Jira filters out emails by its date, but in this case, I want to deliberately import all these emails.

How?

1 answer

0 votes
Knut Arne Ristebråten
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2018

Hi,

Have you tried to mark the emails as unread in your mailbox?

Ref: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/creating-issues-and-comments-from-email-938847641.html

If Jira successfully processes a message, Jira deletes the message from your mail account (on a POP) or file system (i.e. for file system messages).

On an IMAP mail server processed messages are not deleted but marked as read.

williamdavidedwards July 23, 2018

Yes, they were already unread.

Knut Arne Ristebråten
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2018

Ok, looks like JSD handles email a bit different - it does indeed only pick up emails recieved after the date that the email handler is set up.

I found this article that describes how to import older unread emails: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-process-old-email-for-jira-service-desk-requesting-issue-via-email-806455097.html

It does require direct access to the SQL Database.

Like René Bodack likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events