Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Project from Jira to Jira Service Desk

Susanne Brandt May 16, 2018

Currently we have a customer used project in our Jira enviroment which ist configurated by us. Within this project each customer is not able du to security levels and workflows to see other tickets from other customers.

Is it possible to import the whole project with these configurations in Jira Service Desk?

1 answer

0 votes
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2018

I don't see a way to create a service desk project from an existing non-service desk one, but I assume that when you created the current project you also created a set of permission and workflow schemes, along with others, to go with it.  If that is true then you should be able to create your service desk project and assign those schemes to it.

Note...I also suggest that you copy the existing schemes and rename them to reflect that they are for the service desk; you may find that there are additional permissions or workflow changes you want that are specific to that type of project, and unless you copy the scheme changing it on one project will change it in the other.

Hope this helps,

-Scott

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2018

As an admin, edit the project and set the "type" to "Service Desk".

That said, re-imagining the whole thing so your customers become SD customers instead of Jira users may not be as simple as "flip the type", and probably needs a bit more thought.  Are you sure you want to demote the users to that level?  Do you still need all the security schemes you've set up if you do demote the users?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events