It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Import Project from Jira to Jira Service Desk

Currently we have a customer used project in our Jira enviroment which ist configurated by us. Within this project each customer is not able du to security levels and workflows to see other tickets from other customers.

Is it possible to import the whole project with these configurations in Jira Service Desk?

1 answer

0 votes
Scott Theus Community Leader May 16, 2018

I don't see a way to create a service desk project from an existing non-service desk one, but I assume that when you created the current project you also created a set of permission and workflow schemes, along with others, to go with it.  If that is true then you should be able to create your service desk project and assign those schemes to it.

Note...I also suggest that you copy the existing schemes and rename them to reflect that they are for the service desk; you may find that there are additional permissions or workflow changes you want that are specific to that type of project, and unless you copy the scheme changing it on one project will change it in the other.

Hope this helps,

-Scott

As an admin, edit the project and set the "type" to "Service Desk".

That said, re-imagining the whole thing so your customers become SD customers instead of Jira users may not be as simple as "flip the type", and probably needs a bit more thought.  Are you sure you want to demote the users to that level?  Do you still need all the security schemes you've set up if you do demote the users?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Desk

Tell us how you've implemented Change Management

Hello Community 👋, I'm a product manager at Atlassian, looking at improving change management capabilities across our products. In particular, we're looking at bridging the gap between Dev & ...

299 views 0 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you