Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing JIRA SD - costs savings? case study?

Michal Nedela January 3, 2018

Hello,

I want to kindly ask if you know about some case study focusing on the costs savings/time savings before and after implementing JIRA SD (and inheriting ITIL best practises)? I was asked to deliver the costs or time savings for our situation by the management.

One year before we did not had any ITIL tool and ITIL processes in place and we received the issues as IT dpt via email or phone and handled it only via email and phone. Now we have one year JIRA SD software and our users are creating requests via Customer Portal. All tckets are registrated.

Our team is split in 3 three parts, helpdesk, infrastructure and applications team, we have 3000tickets per year. complete team is 7 persons.

Can you somehow guide me or advise me some link where I could find more information how to transfer our sitation in real numbers (cost savings, time saving, eg.)

We are as well using Insight connected to JIRA SD with all our inventory items we have in plant. 

Thank you in advance, Michal 

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2018

IMO this seems like busy work for a team that would better serve the company by solving IT tickets. But that is just an opinion. :-)

i don’t know of any studies but would offer that first you will need objective data pre-Jira as without that there will be no objective assessment. Even then there will be a great deal of subjectivity involved. You should use the following for comparisons:

• # issues resolved over a period of time by priority by person
  • Average response time
  • average Resolution time
  • customer satisfaction 

all the of the above can be measured relatively easily in JSD but unsure about you pre-JSD solution. After managing many engineering and IT organizations the way I measure this is simply if my customers seem happier, my IT agents are happier, the details I can extract with ease and general cost comparison.

hope this helped. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events