Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If participant is an agent the email is sent back to JIRA and the ticket status changes to waiting

Deleted user December 18, 2017

A customer sends an email request and sets a agent to CC. The issue is then assigned to this agent. The agent is now both - an assignee and a request participant. If the agent replies to the Reporter (Customer), the ticket status is changed to Waiting for Support instead of Waiting for Customer.

How can we avoid this?

Thank you in advance.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Deleted user December 19, 2017

Hi Jack,
yes, that was a very good idea. I have defined now a new rule similar to your example and it works.

Many Thanks!

Yavor Nikolov

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2017

Check your automation. I recall I needed/wanted a different behavior than what the default was. I changed such that a simple "Comment" did not result in transition if the status was "Waiting for support" while I did want for "Waiting for customer". This restricts the agent to use "Respond to customer" to transition. Here is what I used...

transition.png

Deleted user December 19, 2017

Hi Jack,

Thanks, you helped me a lot!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2017

You are most welcome. Please accept answer by clicking on the check mark as it helps others find answers in the future. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events