Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas for service desk / jira implementation

Todd Winton July 13, 2017

We have been using jira for 4 years and have recently implemented service desk.  We are running into issues with people who are used to submitting issues via the jira interface either forgetting, or just not using the service desk interface to submit issues.  The common complaint I get is I have a hard time remembering where to submit an issue.

Has anyone run into this?  How have you addressed this? 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2017

Hi Todd,

The question is answered here:  https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-1736

Seems if you just remove "create issue" permission from your users, they cannot create issues. 

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2017

Actually TOdd, I don't think this works.  Might have answered that a bit rashley.  Still investigating

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2017

So did a little more digging, and it seems if I make the users only "Customers" role and use the default permissions scheme from service desk, they can't get to the Service Desk project at all via JIRA.  Only via the portal.  However, I think I'm going to have to put a button either on the top bar (using scriptrunner) to access the portal, or embed it in the announcement banner, as people will forget how to find the portal.

Great idea!  I think I will add the button to the top bar.  Another issue is agents submitting on behalf of customer and not populating customer request type, but I think I will setup automation so that if it is not populated to populate it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events