Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

I would like to know what items are searchable for client in the search box on the portal

In Jira Service Desk - server:

I'm looking to improve the search feature customers use on the portal (the search field).

AFAIK it looks inside the request title and its description, AND in Confluence articles.

Can it search inside other items like: labels, sources, components?

What kind of tags/metatada can we add/use in order to show available requests to the customer?

I hope my question is clear enough.

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @Charles Focant 

No it only searches the KB articles not Jira issues/requests. However if a request is shared by customers by adding other people/organisation as participants then it is somewhat possible (by going to Requests | All requests link on top right) but it is not through the search feature.

Usually when an Incident (or any ticket) is resolved as a good practice the KB is updated or referred. You can have a checkbox "KB Updated" to keep track of this.

It helps both agents who can easily look for information for future similar tickets and customers can also look at the solution if it can self-served. Articles that have to be shown on the portal can be labeled with "kb-articles" or any tag so that JSD can display them to the customers - it is based title and body of the article.

I hope it answers your question.

Ravi

Hello,

Thank you for replying.

I was talking about the requests on the customer portal, the model ot requests the customer will chose to submit a request. I was not talking about the requests that have been already submited.

On the client portal, using the search box, client gets suggestions for his request. If searching for available requests for an "Outlook" issue, if customer types 'outlook', several requests may be proposed to the customer to choose from.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Desk

The Complete Guide to Atlassian for ITSM

Hi Atlassian Community! This is Teresa from the Atlassian team. My colleague Paul Buffington @Buff and I are excited to share a brand new ITSM resource we’ve created – "The Complete Guide to At...

2,203 views 15 22
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you