Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to deny access to knowledge base others active users

AURA, s.r.o. February 18, 2018

Hello,

I use JIRA server 7.5.0, JIRA Service desk server 3.8.1, Confuence server 6.3.4. There is service desk project with linked knowledge base. Knowledge base space permissions are:

• anonymous - none
  • customers - view

Now user who is not customer, but he has access to confluence, he see knowledge base.

I want to be he does not see this knowledge base.

I have two option in project settings:

• All active users and customers (my actual selected option)
  • Only licensed users (this option not allow unlicensed user to knowledge base via customer portal, so this option is not good for me)

In cloud solution I see third option https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/serving-customers-with-a-knowledge-base-732528995.html

• Everyone with access to your service desk (this option seems be my solution, but I do not have JIRA on cloud)

Some ideas?

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2018

Cloud has a shared userbase between applications like Jira Service Desk and Confluence.  So that option is possible in Cloud.  But in Server, we don't know if that is the case or not.   It might be the case, but the applications don't necessarily know this setting.  This feature was originally implemented and designed for Cloud, but it can work in Server.

I would recommend taking a closer look at this KB: Guide to link Knowledge Base to JIRA Service Desk for unlicensed user.

It at least explains more about this feature and how you can set it up so that Service Desk users can still access that content.

That guide encourages you to make sure the user bases are the same to start.  From there it also explains you can create user accounts in Confluence and provided theses user accounts do not belong to any groups, they won't be counted against your license seats for Confluence.

From there perhaps you can change the space permissions in confluence to deny access to other user groups (except administrators, and the unlicensed users without any group).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events