It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

I want to delete a particular jira ticket in the project but i couldnt able to do that.

I want to delete a particular jira ticket in the project but i couldn't able do that and iam the one who created that project.

P.S - I have Site admin access. whether i need any other particular access to delete the                  created Jira ?

3 answers

0 votes
charlie Community Leader Jul 18, 2018

Hi @MohammedSalimyoonus

Check that you have permission to Delete Issues in the project permission scheme.

Hope this helps!

Could you please provide me the navigation path to give permission scheme?

HI @MohammedSalimyoonus

Once login to instance Left side panel select Projects below to Dashboards.

select and open the project and click on left side panel bottom project settings and then choose Permissions.

Edit the permissions and then add your self into Gropu/role which has been added into Delete Issue permission for that project.

Delete_issue.png

I have added all the permissions as suggested but still i couldn't able to delete the jira created by me

Could you please attach the screenshot of the permission scheme and the project.

0 votes

Hello @MohammedSalimyoonus,

The easiest way to investigate will be to use the permission helper:

permissionhelper.png

1. Go to the issue you want to delete
  2. Click on Admin > Permission helper
  3. Enter your username and select "Delete issue" permission

Jira will diagnose the action and tell you why you can't delete the issue.

Hope this helps!

- Manon

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Desk

Tell us how you've implemented Change Management

Hello Community 👋, I'm a product manager at Atlassian, looking at improving change management capabilities across our products. In particular, we're looking at bridging the gap between Dev & ...

270 views 0 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you