Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want a workflow for a Release to show it moving through staging and production environments

Simon Kitchener January 22, 2018

I need to have JIRA differentiate the environments to which a version might release. So, you might have a version released to an Integrated Testing environment, then a UAT environment, then a PrePROD staging environment, and then a PRODUCTION environment. I'd like to have them tracked in JIRA somehow, but tracked as Releases, not as a separate project.

Currently it looks like JIRA treats a version as a ready state to deploy wherever, but it doesn't seem to offer workflow for Releases to move between integrated and operational test rigs; as far as JIRA seems concerned once your version is released, so is all care and control which might be ok for CI and CD, but not for those of us still on the journey there.

The need then, is for the Cloud version (ie without Stream creation) to show how Releases can show which environments they are in, and the dates they are expected to deploy there. It should do this for every environment you might deploy a release to.

Can JIRA do this? On its own? Out the box?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events