I want a workflow for a Release to show it moving through staging and production environments

I need to have JIRA differentiate the environments to which a version might release. So, you might have a version released to an Integrated Testing environment, then a UAT environment, then a PrePROD staging environment, and then a PRODUCTION environment. I'd like to have them tracked in JIRA somehow, but tracked as Releases, not as a separate project.

Currently it looks like JIRA treats a version as a ready state to deploy wherever, but it doesn't seem to offer workflow for Releases to move between integrated and operational test rigs; as far as JIRA seems concerned once your version is released, so is all care and control which might be ok for CI and CD, but not for those of us still on the journey there.

The need then, is for the Cloud version (ie without Stream creation) to show how Releases can show which environments they are in, and the dates they are expected to deploy there. It should do this for every environment you might deploy a release to.

Can JIRA do this? On its own? Out the box?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 13, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

Jira Service Desk – Don’t be afraid, the journey begins with curiosity!

...be more productive while being fun to use at the same time. For some, getting started can be a bit intimidating. This is especially true if Jira Service Desk is your first exposure to Atlassian...

17,229 views 13 31
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you