cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to show a multilevel request type structure on customer portal

Chethan GR
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2019

I have requirement where in I need to show a multi level request type structure, i.e

There are groups A , B & C and under these groups there will be multiple services under each group say service1,service2 etc and these services in turn will have sub services say sub-service1,sub-service2 etc.

When the user clicks on the group services under that group should be displayed and the sub services under the services.

And the user should have an option to create a single ticket with multiple services.

Kindly help me regarding this.

Regards,

Chethan

3 answers

0 votes
Felipe Kogati October 2, 2019

Hi @Chethan GR ,

Did you find a solution for this problem?

We are trying to use Refined, but it does not work like we want to.

Regards.

Kogati.

0 votes
Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 11, 2019

Hi Chethan,

You can achieve it using our app Extension for Jira Service Desk. We have got a dedicated feature named Multilevel Structure. What's more, we have a lot of features in this app which can be useful for your service desk.

If you have any questions or need some help, please let me know :)

Best,

Kate

Chethan GR
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2019

Hi Kate,

Thanks for the response.

We have Extension for JSD , but it support only for request types and we need to have sub request types for each request type. And it shows that only chekboxes,text field & radio buttons. We have drop downs,cascade select fields as such.

If it is possible with Extension for JSD kindly help me with configuration.

Let me summarize my requirement again, say there's a service request(Request type) and it will have sub request types with different screens.

And i need an option to create a single ticket with multiple request types which have different fields.

Regards,

Chethan

0 votes
Ravi Varma
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2019

Hi @Chethan GR ,

Out of the box JIRA Service Desk (JSD), has the following composition, which aligns with some part of your requirement

• JSD front ends using a customer portal
  • Logically related request types are organised into groups (Refer : https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/configuring-request-types-and-workflows-732528910.html). This is similar to your requirement where there would be several groups and each group would have its own services
  • When user selects a group on the customer portal, relevant request types would be shown so that the user can create corresponding ticket 
  • Sub services and services requirement that you mentioned is not possible in JSD
  • Also, the requirement the user should have an option to create a single ticket with multiple services, is not possible in JSD. This goes against the JSD design and flow. But you should be able to create one ticket per service and link them with one another so that you can refer them if needed. 

Regards,

Ravi Varma

Chethan GR
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2019

Hello  Ravi,

Thanks for your quick response.

If any add-on that satisfies my requirement kindly let me know.

Regards,

Chethan GR

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events