Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to search for multiple issue type

Dillon Gilkey January 3, 2018

I'm receiving the error below when searching for 2 issue types I have created; Offboarding & Employee Change

Syntax error.PNG

I'm not to familiar with JSD Syntax so any assistance is appreciated. I'm sure this is any easy fix as I already see a Green Check mark, an indication to me the Syntax is correct.

2 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2018

Try the following:

issuetype in ("Offboarding", "Employee Change") AND ...
0 votes

That did it, thanks!

One more for you.. If I want to filter so the Resolution is "Done" which is one of our Resolutions what do I need to add to the syntax below?

issuetype in ("Employee Change", "Offboarding") AND updatedDate < "2018/01/03 00:00" AND updatedDate > "2017/12/27 00:00"

I need to run weekly reports on these changes to ensure they were done correctl

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2018
issuetype in ("Employee Change", "Offboarding") AND updatedDate < "2018/01/03 00:00" AND updatedDate > "2017/12/27 00:00" AND resolution = Done

Check out https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/advanced-searching-764478330.html for more examples, available functions/clauses/operators etc.

Like Chris Baker likes this

Can I keep you on speedial? Lol but that worked like a charm and I will use that link as a reference move forward.

Thanks a bunch this will save a lot of time moving forward.

Like nicola_lowe likes this
Francisco August 23, 2019

Ohh your issue was that you were missing the parenthesis in the values for the issuetype..

I have another issue, I want to use UNION like in SQL, to search:

• project = one AND  status = closed
  • UNION
  • project = two AND status = 'in progress'

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events