Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm trying to set up SLAs for a project. Not sure where to begin?

Anthony Manno July 31, 2017

Contract I will manage has three levels of requests.  High, Low, Maint.  I've set them up as Request Types by giving them different Request Names.  They all have Issue Type of Bug.  

A High level request requires a user response within 4 hours.  

I can't seem to find  the name of the field for Request Name so I could write JQL.

Am I approaching this correctly or is there a better way?

Thanks!

3 answers

0 votes
Shawn Masters
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2017

Below is an example SLA from one of the service desks we use. We are on the cloud. Untitled.png

0 votes
Shawn Masters
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2017

It sounds like you just need a better grasp of the field names so you can write effective JQL. Use your "Custom Fields" admin screen as a reference point for field names to help write JQL queries. 

Request Type usually refers to the Service Desks customer portal feature. 

The Service Desk has built in SLA timers. Are you using Core or Desk? 

Using desk.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2017

Those three levels would normally be represented by a priority or severity type field, not as request types.  A request is supposed to be something where a user asks for something.  You usually ask your IT people for "fix the printer", "reset my password", "I need a new laptop", not for "high", "medium" or "low".  Those are attributes you put on the request to give them a sense of speed.

I'd swap to using the more standard approach.

That's helpful.  I assumed defining the levels as Request Types was incorrect.

Where would I create the 2 priorities?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2017

You could re-use the priority field, but that affects all your projects, with a shared list of priorities which probably won't work for everyone.

I would add a custom field for it with an indicative name like "Request priority".  You'll be able to filter on a custom field quite easily.  I'd strongly recommend a single-select list field for this!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events