I'm not receiving emails from new customers

Bethany Amborn October 5, 2017

I have checked and re-checked every setting I can think of to make sure people can send in emails and log tickets without being logged in or having an account. THe way most people start a ticket is through an email, and if they are not already a customer, I am not receiving anything. How do I receive email tickets from users who have not signed up for an account yet?

1 answer

0 votes
volkan ciftci
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2017

Hi Bentany;

for JSD server : project setting-->Customer permissions-->select "Anyone can email the service desk or raise a request in the portal"

for JSD cloud: project setting-->Customer permissions-->select "Anyone with an account on.... " and change two of global setting as "yes"

details: "https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/set-up-customer-permissions-732528940.html" 

br, 

Bethany Amborn October 6, 2017

Thanks, I had both of those. I finally figured it out. I had components set as a required field, but no way to set the value on an incoming ticket from email. The defaults set on the customer request type for the portal do not get applied to tickets through email, so they were failing. 

I had to make it optional and create an automation rule to set the components.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events