Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot use the "Add approval" option in a Workflow, even when associated with a JSD Project

Sam Lindsay August 6, 2020

It appears that the "Add approval" tick box for a Workflow Status appears only in the two out of the box Workflows that are created when you create a new Jira Service Desk Project.

2020-08-06 17_28_02-Window.png

When I create a Jira Service Desk Project, lets calls this "My Test Project" (MTP), the system creates two Workflows:

MTP: Jira Service Desk default workflow

MTP: Service Request Fulfilment workflow for Jira Service Desk

Any steps in the Workflows above that are relevant, let me tick the "Add approval" option.

If I copy one of the about Workflows and add it to the Workflow Scheme for the same project (thereby linking it to a JSD Project) the "Add approval" option it not there.

I've been looking around the forums, and it appears that the common issue most people saw was that the new/copied Workflow was not linked to a JSD project, but I'm finding that even that doesn't help.

Any advice?

1 answer

0 votes
Sam Lindsay August 6, 2020

OK, after trying many (but apparently not enough) things, I've figured out what I was missing.

1. Create the JSD project, called "My Test Project" (MTP)

2. Create/copy a Workflow, called "My New Approval Workflow"

3. Update the Workflow Scheme to attach the Workflow "My New Approval Workflow" to the MTP project, using Issue Type "New Feature".

4. Update the Issue Type Scheme so the Issue Type "New Feature" is added to the MTP project.

Step 4 is the bit I was missing. I'd mapped the Workflow in step 3 to an un-used issue type, but I'd not explicitly added that same issue type into the project's Issue Type Scheme. "New Feature" was just an example, but can be used for any Issue Type that is available.

I hope this can help anyone else that gets stuck in this very specific problem.

Maybe one day I can remove the "I'M NEW HERE" tag :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events