Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't set up a request email for Jira Service Desk

Danilo Ferrari May 30, 2017

Hi, 

I'm trying to define requests types from the email of our service desk, but i cant. When i click on "Activate Request Types", the JSD show me "To receive requests by email, you must have a request type with the Summary and Description fields visible. All other request type fields must be optional. You can create a new request type or modify an existing one here". I defined the issue type, issue type scheme, screen, screens scheme, workflow, fields, field scheme, Everything. But i cant solve this problem.

I already have an "Incident" issue type of problem in my JSD and it works normally, but i need set up a new issue type to receive the email like message said.

Please, someone could help me?

Regards

2 answers

4 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2017

Danilo,

For the new request type you added are the Summary and Description fields included and visable? As the error states, that is required to have email creation work. The Summary is the subject of email and the Description is the email body. Likely stating the obvious here but simply trying to not overlook anything.

Danilo Ferrari May 31, 2017

Thanks @Jack Brickey, I already solved this problem. The problem was in the field configuration, I defined two fields as "Required" in the global field configuration. Becouse of that, email requests can not create a problem. The request requires only two required fields (Summary and Description)

Thank you for your help.

Laura Jackson February 22, 2023

I have  similar issue but strange for normal incident and service requests tickets users can reply to said tickets via email with no problems. These forms have summary and description and 2 other fields are marked as required. As I said this works so please don't say I only need summary and description fields as required.

I also have 3 custom forms set up exactly as above and they fail.  Remove the other two fields that are set as required is not an option as they are needed. Any ideas.

And this relates to JIRA Service Management not JSD. Thanks.

Not to worry think I have figured it out.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events